Aamrakhand- A smooth and airy mango yogurt mousse made with hung curd , mango puree, and spices like cardamom saffron and nutmeg and garnished with pistachio and almond. Have it as a dessert or with pooris to satisfy your mango mania !
Mango pulp – 250 gm (strained)
Hung Curd- 250gm
Powdered sugar- 80- 100 gm
Cardamom powder- 5 gm
Nutmeg powder- 5 gm
Pistachio- for garnish
Almonds- for garnish
1. Whip together hung curd , mango pulp and ground sugar extremely well until absolutely smooth.
2. Add nutmeg powder and green cardamon powder.
3. Chill and garnish with pistachio and almond slivers. Chironji and cashew nuts can also be used.
Wheat flour- 125 gm
Water – to mix
Salt – a pinch
Oil -for frying
1. Mix all the ingredients together and make a hard dough .
2. Roll into circular discs of 8 cm diameter and fry in hot oil until it puffs up.
3. Take it out on paper towel.
Hung curd is made by hanging the curd in a cheese cloth and let the whey drip out of it .