Here is a recipe for soft pillow like yeast raised donuts.
INGREDIENTS:(FOR 20 DONUTS)
Unsalted butter: 70gm
Dry yeast: 15gm
Water at 35-45 degrees Celsius : 30 ml (to activate yeast)
Salt: 1+1/2 tsp.
Nutmeg: 1/2 tsp
Mace: 1/8 th tsp
Eggs: 2 large
Vanilla extract: 1/2 tsp
Caster sugar: 50 gm
White bread flour: 660 gm
- Pour almost boiled milk over butter and let it melt and become luke warm.
- Activate the yeast by adding it to water and let it sit til it becomes frothy.
- In a mixing bowl add milk mixture and yeast mixture , salt, nutmeg, mace, vanilla extract , eggs , caster sugar and mix.
- Gradually add Flour to the mixture and use an electric mixer to mix it first on low speed then on high speed.
- Add the remaining flour and keep mixing till it starts to leave the sides.
- Put it in an oiled bowl to rise for 1 hour.
- Take the dough out on a floured table and roll it with a floured rolling pin till it becomes 3 quarters of an inch thick.
- Cut into donut shape and put on a floured sheet for proving for about 35 mins.
- Fry it at 190 degrees Celsius oil on both sides for 1 minute or until golden brown in colour.
Icing sugar: 3 cups
Dry milk powder:1/2 cup
vanilla extract: 1/2 tbsp
hot water: 1/4 cup
Mix the above ingredients and strain and pour it over the donuts and let it sit till its set.
Melt equal quantity of Chocolate and fresh cream on a double boiler.
FILL it inside the donut by making a small hole at bottom and using a piping bag to fill it with ganache.