Here is a simple recipe to make sexiest chocolate almond spread at home. It can be applied on toast or used to make babka or just lick it from the spatula.
INGREDIENTS: [yield= 160-180 gm]
Almonds (unpeeled,unsalted) – 150 gm
Coconut oil- 1 tsp.
Cocoa powder- 2 tbsp. (unsweetened)
Honey – 1 tbsp.
sea salt- 5 gm (optional)
- Dry roast the almond on pan at a low heat or roast in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 10-15 minutes. (be sure to turn them after half time to get them evenly roasted)
- Process the almonds in a food processor until it becomes a smooth paste. (it might take 10 – 15 . stop and let it cool for a while if the mixture becomes too hot while processing)
- Melt honey coconut oil together and add Cocoa powder to it and stir to dissolve.(in place of cocoa powder you can use melted dark chocolate and coconut oil mixture)
- Add the melted mixture to the food processor and process it for another 3-4 minutes or until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Sprinkle sea salt and mix if desired.
- Store in a air tight jar.
1.Almonds can be replaced with hazelnut to get a choco-hazelnut spread.