A rich dough laden with chocolate almond butter which becomes incredibly tender after baking and pulls apart into buttery pieces which melts in your mouth. This luscious bread can be served as a dessert with coffee or at breakfast. Follow the simple steps to make this amazing bread at your home.
INGREDIENTS: (For approx. 250 gm loaf)
Refined flour: 215 gm
Butter: 25 gm
Milk: 100 ml
Sugar: 25 gm
Yeast: 10 gm
Salt: 5 gm
Water: 50 ml
Chocolate almond spread: 100 gm
Caramelized almonds(optional): 50 gm
Egg: 1 no. (for egg wash)
- Melt butter in milk.
- Add yeast to it.
- Mix together salt sugar and flour
- Make a dough by adding milk and butter mixture to flour.
- Knead to form a soft dough. Add water if required.
- Roll into a ball and let it prove for about an hour.
- Knock back the dough and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Spread chocolate almond spread on it and sprinkle chopped caramelized almonds on it.
- Roll it into a log like a Swiss roll.
- Cut the log length wise from the center and braid the two halves together. let it rest for half an hour.
- Brush it with egg wash and bake it at 180 degrees Celsius pre heated oven for 30 minutes. remove from oven and let it cool then serve sliced with coffee and chocolate almond spread.