Use this recipe to add a spicy twist to your Sunday roast!!
Chicken- 1 whole
FOR DRY RUB:
Unsweetened Cocoa powder: 50 gm
Oregano: 1 tbsp
Basil: 1 tbsp
Rosemary: 1 tbsp
Brown sugar: 2 tbsp
Ginger powder: 1 tbsp
Salt : to taste
Pepper powder : 1 tsp
All spice powder :1 tbsp
Cinnamon powder: 1 tsp
For marination of chicken:
Olive oil : 50 ml
Balsamic vinegar : 2 tbsp
Garlic paste : 1 tbsp
Mustard paste : 1 tbsp
- Butterfly the chicken and marinade it with garlic paste, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and mustard paste . (in picture- butterflied chicken rubbed with olive oil and balsamic )
2. Meanwhile add all the ingredients of dry rub in a food processor and grind it into a fine powder.
3. After an hour of marination apply the dry rub to the chicken.
4. Transfer chicken to a baking pan fitted with a wire rack. Cover with parchment paper and aluminum foil.
5. Roast in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius set to convection for 1 hour.
6. Remove the aluminium foil and parchment paper and roast for about 30 minutes uncovered at 200 degrees Celsius.
7. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. (165 degrees F or 75 degrees C)
8. Serve on a bed of herbed potatoes.
Butterflying a chicken means to cut out the backbone of chicken to flatten it. it helps the chicken to cook evenly on oven.