An Apple pie is a Pie or a Tart, in which the principal filling ingredient is Apple. It is, on occasion, served with whipped cream or ice cream on top, or alongside cheddar cheese. The pastry is generally used top-and-bottom, making it a double-crust pie; the upper crust may be a circular or a pastry lattice woven of crosswise strips. Depending on the baker’s preference, the bottom of the double-crust may be baked first (before baking the whole pie) to prevent the bottom from getting soggy. Follow the steps to get amazing results.
Short Crust pastry dough – 200 gm.
Apples – 100 gm.
Sugar – 50-60 gm (depending upon the sweetness of apples)
vanilla essence- 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon powder- 1-2 tsp.
- Line the dough in the pie dish, dock and blind bake it until golden brown in colour.
- In a pan heat sugar , chopped apples, cinnamon powder.
- Cook till mushy and add vanilla essence too it.
- Pour the apple filling in the pie shell and cover it up with lattice strips in desired shapes.
- Brush the top with egg wash and bake in pre heated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown in color. (For apple tart , after putting the filling in tart shell cover it up with thin slice of apple arranged in a rose shape.)