Whoever had the idea to boil condensed milk was a genius! Dulce de leche or boiled condensed milk is the best thing you can ever eat. combine it with crumbly short crust pastry and chocolate chips and its a dessert to die for.
Sweetened condensed milk- 1 can
Short crust pastry dough – 150 gm (check out the recipe in link)
Salt- a pinch
Chocolate chips – 10 gm
Whipped cream topping- 50gm
- Put the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in deep dish and cover it with water and boil for at least 3-4 hours. (Make sure the can is always submerged in water)
- Roll out the pastry dough in the tart pan, dock it and blind bake for 15-20 minutes at 150 degree Celsius or until golden brown in color. Take it out and allow to cool down.
- Open the can of sweetened condensed milk and pour it in a pan to melt it and add salt to it.
- Pour the melted dulce de leche in the tart shell and garnish it with chocolate chips.
- Cut into slices and serve. It can also be garnished with whipped cream topping.